Wednesday 26 October 2011

My Progress So Far...

Hi there

Im slowly getting all the requirments needed for a musk turtle setup. It does take time and the overall cost will be around £200.

Heres a recent picture of my tank...
Its 100 litres, 36" x 15" x 12". I got it for £5 off Ebay so its a great bargin!


The plants in there are plastic, I will be getting some lives ones nearer the time as well as one or two more plastic, as turtles like to rip them to pieces.
Theres a large piece of wood in there to scratch their shells and hide behind.
I use sand as a substrate as I feel its most natural for the turtles and it also means they can dig in it!

Ive also got a UV and heat bulb with a fitting just need to get one more. And the Ehiem 2213 is also on my shopping list along with more sand, plants.

I will also be adding some cory catfish, I havnt yet decided what species, depeding which the shops sells. Still debating whether to get shrimp or minnows.

So thats my progress so far, feel free to comment with any ideas or suggestions!

~ Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment