Saturday 12 November 2011

Sad News!

Hello

Unfortunately I will not be getting a Razorback this weekend...

We went to a local pet shop. It was truly amazing, they had turtles, lizards and snakes. It was the first time I'd seen a turtle apart from pictures. My excitement levels hit sky high... Until we talked to the shop keeper...

We went to get the media for the filter and my Dad ask, "How long does the filter need to be running for, until we put a turtle in there" and the guy said "10 days". My heart sunk.
Now, many experienced turtle keepers say this is not the case, but I have to wait until all ammonia and nitrite levels are 0 and nitrate levels are below 40ppm.

Im sorry to everyone who has followed my progress and helped me throughout the 6 months of my research but it looks like im going to have to wait a couple more days.

~Turtle Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment